You must be:
- aged 60 or over
- living in NSW. You must reside in NSW or be present in NSW for more than half the year and cannot have permanent residence outside NSW
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident. Temporary immigration visa holders are not eligible for a NSW Seniors Card/NSW Senior Savers Card.
- not working at all or averaging 20 hours or less a week of paid work across a 12-month period (if applying for a NSW Seniors Card)
- averaging more than 20 hours a week of paid work across a 12-month period (if applying for a NSW Senior Savers Card).
Note: If you reduce your paid employment to 20 hours a week or less (averaged over 12 months), or you retire completely, you can convert your Senior Savers Card to a Seniors Card.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account – you can create one when you start your application
- an email address (to create your account)
- 2 proof of identity documents – one document must prove your Australian citizenship or permanent resident status
- your postal address details
- your date of birth.
- You don't need a MyServiceNSW Account or email address if you apply by phone.
- If you’re unable to supply proof of identity documents, call 13 77 88 for assistance.
- If you opt in to get a digital Seniors/Senior Savers Card, you'll need a MyServiceNSW Account and the latest version of the Service NSW app.
Proof of identity
You must be an Australian Citizen and/or be a Permanent Resident of Australia.
Two proof of identity documents are required. They may include:
- Australian driver licence
- Medicare card
- Australian passport
- Australian birth certificate
- Australian travel visa
- Australian citizenship certificate
- Australian certificate of registration by descent
Terms and Conditions
- You agree to update The Department of Communities and Justice if your working conditions change your card eligibility.
- You must not allow any other person to use your NSW Seniors Card or NSW Senior Savers Card. If you do both you and they may be committing a criminal offence.
- You must acknowledge that the benefits provided by the NSW Seniors Card may change from time to time, and certain benefits may be cancelled altogether.
- NSW Seniors Card business discounts and public transport concessions* apply to NSW Seniors Card or NSW Senior Savers Card holders only (*Public transport concessions applicable for Seniors Card only). They do not apply to family members or friends.
- Unless stated otherwise, a NSW Seniors Card or NSW Senior Savers Card discount can’t be used in conjunction with any other offer. You should check with the retailer or supplier before paying for the product or service. We recommend that you present your NSW Seniors Card or NSW Senior Savers Card at the time of booking or prior to making your purchase.
- The Department of Communities and Justice reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time.
Digital Seniors Card Terms and Conditions
- The digital Seniors Card is an electronic version of the Seniors Card / Seniors Savers Card that can be used to show your Seniors Card status to participating organisations.
- The digital Seniors Card is entirely optional and will only be issued in addition to a physical Seniors Card.
- The digital Seniors Card includes a QR code validation feature which can be scanned by participating organisations to verify that your digital Seniors Card is real and current.
- Although use of the QR code validation is optional, if you refuse to have your QR code scanned on request by a participating business, and are unable to show your non-digital Seniors Card, you may not be able to receive the Seniors Card benefit from that business.