Pets make excellent companions and are great for your mental health. However, if you are really struggling to look after yourself, then talk to your doctor before you take on caring for a pet.
Pets can improve mental health by:
- reducing stress
- providing companionship
- fulfilling the basic human need to touch
- requiring routine and organisation
- providing a sense of purpose
- increasing your social interaction
- improving your fitness (dog owners).
To read the full article please visit http://www.mindhealthconnect.org.au/7-ways-pets-improve-your-mental-health or http://www.mindhealthconnect.org.au/