Being a volunteer can bring meaning and purpose to your life, increasing self-esteem and wellbeing. Whilst reliving stress and helping symptoms of depression. All whilst helping the community.
Volunteering is an activity that someone chooses to do without being paid. It can be formal or informal. Informal may be babysitting grandchildren, whilst formal may be through a charity or other not for profit organisations.
- enhance a sense of achievement and purpose
- help you feel being-part-of-a-community
- improve your self-esteem and confidence
- help you share your skills, learn new skills and create a better work-life balance
- help combat stress, loneliness, social isolation and depression
- help you meet new people, helping you feel connected and valued
To learn how volunteering can help you connect with others and to read the full article go to http://www.mindhealthconnect.org.au/benefits-of-volunteering or http://www.mindhealthconnect.org.au/
You can also use our volunteering page to find a volunteering matching service near you: click here