Healthy Eating Over 60
Your body changes as you get older, but a balanced diet will help you stay healthy. This means you should try to eat:
- Plenty of foods rich in starch and fibre such as bread and pasta.
- Iron-rich foods such as red meat and beans.
- Calcium-rich foods such milk and yoghurt.
- Less salt
- Foods high in vitamin D such as milk and yoghurt.
- Foods high in vitamin A such as sweet potato and dark leafy greens.
As well as making sure you eat enough of the right types of food, try to follow these food and diet tips described below to stay healthy:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Watch out for a lack of appetite
- Keep yourself hydrated