Aged Care Complaints Comissioner

What is the Aged Care Complaints Commissioner?

The Aged Care Complaints Commissioner provides a free service for anyone to raise their concerns about the quality of care or services being delivered to people receiving aged care services funded by the Australian Government.

What can the Aged Care Complaints Commissioner help with?

We can assist with concerns about the quality of care or service you or someone else is receiving from Australian Government funded aged care providers. This includes:

  • residential care or residential respite care
  • Home Care Packages
  • Commonwealth Support Programme
  • flexible care, including transition care, and the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Programme.

Who can raise a concern?

Anyone can raise a concern. We encourage you to raise a concern with the service provider first.This can achieve a fast and sustainable resolution.

If you cannot resolve your concern with the service provider, you can contact the Aged Care Complaints Commissioner on 1800 550 552. This service is free.

What happens when i contact the Complaints Commissioner?

Our focus is on resolving your concern in the best interest of the care recipient. 

We will explain the process, the resolution options available and what can be achieved.

Do I need to provide my name?

No. You can submit your complaint anonymously or confidentially.

How can i get more information on the service?

For more information on this service please visit the Aged Care Complaints Commissioner at