If you need help to lodge your tax return, you may be eligible for the Tax Help program.
Tax Help is a network of ATO-trained and accredited community volunteers who provide a free and confidential service to help people complete their tax returns online using myTax.
Tax Help is available in all capital cities and many regional areas across Australia. Tax Help is available from July to October.
Am I eligible for Tax Help?
You are eligible for Tax Help in 2014 – 15 if your income is around $50,000 or less for the income year and you did not:
- work as a contractor, for example a contract cleaner or taxi driver
- run a business, including as a sole trader
- have partnership or trust matters
- sell shares or an investment property
- own a rental property
- have capital gains tax (CGT)
- receive royalties
- receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
- receive foreign income, other than a foreign pension or annuity.
What can volunteers help me with?
Volunteers can help you lodge your tax return online with myTax or claim a refund of franking credits.
If our volunteers work out that you don't need to lodge a tax return, they can help you complete a non-lodgment advice.
For more information please visit https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Lodging-your-tax-return/Tax-Help-program/