NSW permanent residents aged 60 or over, who do no more than 20 hours of paid work a week on average across a 12 month period, can apply for a NSW Seniors Card. This free card gives you discounts and special offers at thousands of businesses across NSW. With a valid green Medicare Card you can apply for a NSW Seniors Card online.
What You'll Need
- your postal address details
- your date of birth, and
- your valid green Medicare Card.
How To Apply
- Check you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Click the 'Apply to become a member' button.
- Complete the online form with your personal and contact details.
- Submit the completed form for processing.
To be eligible for the NSW Seniors Card, you must be:
- 60 years of age or over when applying
- a permanent resident of NSW
- working no more than 20 hours average of paid work a week (calculated annually), and
- the holder of a valid green Medicare Card.
Things To Keep In Mind
- Applications take up to 21 days to process and for you to receive your new card.
- This information is being collected by Service NSW on behalf of the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS) to enable us to provide you with your NSW Seniors Card, the annual Discount Directory, mail outs, and information about activities for seniors.
- Your Medicare details and date of birth are being collected to determine your eligibility to obtain a Seniors Card. Your Medicare card may have its authenticity verified through the National Document Verification System (DVS). Your Seniors Card status may also be verified by other government organisations, for example, Transport for NSW to determine your eligibility for a Senior Opal Card. Service NSW may also notify other government organisations of any changes to your eligibility for a Seniors Card.
- Optional information about your pension status, country of birth, languages spoken or your Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander status is used for statistical purposes only.
- Your personal information may be disclosed to external contractors who provide call centre and mail house services for the purpose of providing information about services for NSW Seniors Card holders.
- Provision of this information is voluntary, however if you do not provide this information we will be unable to issue you with a Seniors Card.
- Your personal information will be held by Service NSW. Generally, if you request us to do so, we will amend any personal information we hold about you which is inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date.
- For further information about how FACS handles your information please visit their NSW Seniors Card Privacy Statement
- For further information about how Service NSW handles your information please visit our full Privacy statement or contact the Service NSW Privacy Officer by phone on 13 77 88 or by email to email@example.com or by mail at:
Service NSW Privacy Officer
GPO Box 7057
Sydney NSW 2011
We're happy to help you with this transaction.
Feel free to call us on 13 77 88 or visit a service centre